It’s no understatement to say that the guidance is on how to respond to the COVID19 virus epidemic is changing very quickly. On this page we will publish a summary of what’s changed in our churches and what’s not, so please check back for updates.
In making decisions about what to change we are following the guidance from our Diocese and the National church who are assessing the risks to our normal practice. That guidance draws on advice about best practice from the NHS and Public Health England. You can read that guidance here.
Currently in our churches:
- We are following recent advice to suspend public worship. Therefore there will be no services until further notice including the Lent Lectures and mid week groups.
- However this does not mean that the church is suspended, only that we will be approaching things in a different way in the future:
- The ministry team will continue to pray daily and we invite everyone to join us in their own way.
- We are very keen to make sure everyone in our parishes is cared for fully. This means spiritually and physically. You can download a version of daily prayer below for use at home and we will look for other resources.
- We will also look for something for Sunday, perhaps a bit more interactive.
If you are at all worried, please do contact us.
Keep us, good Lord,
under the shadow of your mercy
in this time of uncertainty and distress.
Sustain and support the anxious and fearful,
and lift up all who are brought low;
that we may rejoice in your comfort
knowing that nothing can separate us from your love
in Christ Jesus our Lord. Amen.